Two good things happened yesterday, kitchen-wise: the joiner made a start and a man with a van came to pick up the old kitchen! Hurray!
I’ve included four photos from yesterday morning, before I went to work, and then five from when I got home and the man had taken all the bits away. The worktop has all been cut (including a hole for the sink), it just needs fixing. Richard the Joiner (RtJ, as he shall henceforth be known), broke several jigsaw blades on the solid wood and had to get some more! There’s enough of the worktop left for us to have a little bit of surface coming out of the wall by the door – we’ll just need to get a brushed stainless steel post.
RtJ has also cut some plinth for underneath the oven so you can’t see the bodge job of making it higher, but it means we’re going to run out of plinth, so may need to have some further bodging of using end panel for some of the plinth area. Barry and I nipped to Wickes last night to get some glue and silicone so he can continue today. Barry also spent a lot of last night preparing the pipework for under the sink so he can do that quickly once RtJ’s finished today.
The man who collected the old kitchen couldn’t believe how many parts there were to it. He was glad he’s not the one putting it back together! I’ll be very surprised if I don’t get at least one call from the eBay woman with questions about it.